Due to the alleged negligence of the officials at the primary health center in Bhatia area of Jhelum district, a newborn girl got burnt due to being kept in front of an electric heater for a long time.
Deputy District Health Officer Dr. Masood Ahmad told Independent Urdu that investigation into the matter is ongoing, while three women officials, including one LHV and two midwives, who were found guilty of alleged negligence, have been suspended.
Dr. Masood Ahmed said that the girl is now healthy and her father has also given us a written statement that both mother and child are healthy, while according to him, the FIR of this incident has not been filed.
This section contains related reference points (Related Nodes field).
CEO Jhelum Dr. Mian Mazhar told Independent Urdu that according to the preliminary investigation, the staff of the primary health center kept the newborn girl in a warmer to keep her warm immediately after birth.
‘The mistake was that the staff forgot to put the baby in the warmer.’
He said that the girl’s body was burnt from different places due to the high temperature of the heater installed in the warmer.
Dr. Mian Mazhar further said that the girl was shifted to the district headquarters hospital and treatment was started.
CEO Health said that immediately after the incident, all the staff posted in the labor room, including LHV Nadia, midwife Farzana and midwife Samia, were suspended.
He says that action will be taken against the employees guilty of negligence in this incident and they will be dismissed from their jobs. ‘Because this kind of irresponsible behavior is in no way forgivable.’